Sustainability is the theme that unites all of our work. We define it as the capacity to make a lasting difference.
We have been researching and developing resources on the topic since 2012, leading to the launch of the ‘Lasting Difference’ toolkit in February 2016. A unique, valuable (and free!) resource, it quickly became the go-to guide on sustaining organisations and impact. Well over 5000 copies are now in use around the world.
The guide presents the results of four years of learning and discovery, involving work with over 250 third sector organisations. It has helped thousands of people to understand and take action on sustainability. It’s in its fourth edition and we will continue developing it and hope that people continue to find it relevant and easy-to-use. Find out more at the Lasting Difference website, but here’s a flavour of how it has helped so far:
- ‘We are more focused on what now needs to be done.’
- ‘The staff became much more aware of the sustainability issue for the organisation as a whole.’
- ‘It made me think about not just the sustainability of (my) work, by all the projects overall in the organisation.’
- ‘Great content, very useful and immediately actionable with my team. Wonderful energy and excellent presentation skills.’
- ‘Brilliant! This workshop was so valuable, informative and inclusive.’
- ‘Fantastic workshop and toolkit. Really exciting stuff.’
- ‘Really good toolkit…especially exit strategies and continuing the lasting difference.’
- ‘Great workshop! Covered everything in a very comprehensive and easy to understand way. The toolkit looks great.
- ‘The feedback we received regarding the event was excellent and we captured some very valuable data which can help us to steer and continue to grow the project.’
- ‘Really enjoyed the opportunity to do the prep work and complete the Sustainability Plan.’
‘Everyone rated the events at the highest possible level and the comments showed that they had been valuable in providing a dedicated time and space to discuss and reflect upon on the issue of sustainability. Participants saw the events as useful in harnessing the support of peers and in gaining the understanding that the issues faced by all were very similar. The project sustainability checklist appears to have resonated with many people and there was a high level of energy and commitment to planning for the future in a different and exciting way.’ Voluntary Action Fund sustainability workshop 2015